PrevPhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPrev Prev

1938–1939, 1944: Building Church of God's Warriors; Celebration of Czecho-Moravian Church


shots

Construction work on the church started in 1938, to mark the 20th anniversary of Czechoslovakia. It is remarkable that the construction was successfully completed, despite the war, and as the contemporary reports state, it became “a memorial to those who fought for the freedom of Czech people, at any time, and anywhere.”

The church was designed by Prague architects Václav Vejrzch and Jaroslav Kabeš who, between the wars, designed a number of buildings in the style of rondocubism (for example, the boys’ school in Pelhřimov), and later, functionalism, as in this church.

Last updated by: Jan Hubicka (honza@sechtl-vosecek.ucw.cz), 22-Jan-2013