A selection from exhibition “Marie Šechtlová: Photographic stories” held in Šechtl and Voseček Museum of Photography.
Josef Šechtl (1925–1992) and his wife Marie Šechtlová (1928-2008) took over the
Šechtl and Voseček studio. Marie in particular, brought a feminine emotive
element to their work. In the 1960's, she was among the most successful
photographers of "the poetry of the everyday". Following the nationalisation of
the studio by the Communist government in 1953, they continued as freelance
photographers, mounting many exhibitions and producing a number of
publications, including Jižní čechy, Hradec Králové, Loutky. Together they were
a team of art photographers, pioneering colour photography and the use of large
photographs for interier decoration.