Ignác Šechtl and Josef Jindřich Šechtl: February: Škoch House, Žižka Square

Although house no. 22 was given its name by previous owners who had lived in it at the beginning of 20th century, its history dates at least as far back to late Gothic and Renaissance times, perhaps even earlier. The first record about the house that has come down to us is from 1536, reporting it as left in ruins after being destroyed by fire. The house owes its existence to Martin Helma from Vorlov, who had it rebuilt in its present form.